Well, all of that is exactly what you need to do to avoid the buggy behaviour.  Are
you using *any* other session_*() calls apart from session_start()?

If not, and you are 101% certain that all your pages are coded in the style you've
enumerated, then your best bet is just to change the setting of one or both of the
session.bug_compat_* configure options.  If you only turn bug_compat_warn off, you
will suppress the warning whilst still retaining the old behaviour (just in case!).
But if you're sure you're not relying on the buggy behaviour, why not just turn
bug_compat_42 off?  If you've got it right, your scripts will still work; if not, then
you should at least have some clues to help you find and fix the erroneous code.

As to why you're still getting the warning, even though your session code appears to
be safe, I think there's a clue in the first few words of the message itself: "Your
script possibly relies ...".  Note that "possibly".  Why the changes you refer to
should determine whether or not the warning is evoked I have no idea, but something in
there is triggering it.  Again, if you're sure that that "possibly" doesn't apply to
you, just turn off one or both of the configure options.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]