On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:24:34 -0600, Pablo wrote about "Re: [PHP]
http->https->http redirection causes browser to show alert dialog" what
the universal translator turned into this:

>> This is normal and is the browser deciding to do it. In most browsers
>> this is configurable (you can turn it off) but it is on by default. I
>> feel this is good behaviour for a browser. Besides suggesting to your
>> users that they turn this off (but that would affect all sites the
>> browser visits), I can only suggest you use SSL for all the pages, or none.
>
>Has anyone actually found a way to turn off this 'feature' in IE 5 or 6 for
>Windows? I haven't found an option to do this in 6.0.2800.

Internet Options -> Advanced tab

Under "Security", uncheck "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
mode".

That's where it is from IE 4 and up ... BUT, apparently it doesn' work
always. Sometimes IE decides to show the dialog anyways ... On XP I don't
understand why it doesn't just popup a bubble when the keylock disappears
... Since I don't really notice the keylock anyways with the PGP keylock
being around the same corner always...

Rene
--
Rene Brehmer

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

Come see! My brand new site is now online!
http://www.metalbunny.net