On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 05:08 PM, Ernest E Vogelsinger wrote:

- if your query is exactly as you sent it here you're missing a comma after
the closing bracket of "concat()", just before "name"

name is supposed to be an alias for the concatenated values of fname,lname,mname.

Let me try to say what I am trying to do. I have a table of people and have the names saved in fields: fname, lname, mname. I want to have a search field where the user can find a persons record by typing in all or part of their name. What would this kind of query look like?

Thanks
Charles