I'm having a bit of trouble...

I have an array that consists of a string like this:

string1\rstring2\rstring3\rstring4

I want to REMOVE STRING3, and keep the rest of the array intact - but cannot
figure on how to do it. I tried using functions such as preg_replace, strstr
and so forth...

In my code this is how I go thru the array...

//snippet...

//search for carriage return, split it...
 $line = preg_split( "/[\r]+/" ,$line);
 reset($line);

//Line will consists of array...
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($line))
     {
       echo "<br>$key => $val";

       if(strstr($val,$newmail))
        {
          echo "<br>Found! and trying to delete....<br>";
         //What to do form this point, I have the slightest foggy...

It finds it without ANY problems, but I cannot seem to "go" to the position
of found string, delete it, then keep the rest of the array.
I did manage to find this on php.net, but it doesnt seem to work:
function stri_replace2 ($search,$replace,$text)
{
   if (!is_array($search))
    {
      $search = array($search);
      $replace = array($replace);
    }
     foreach($search AS $key => $val)
      {
        $search["$key"]  = '/'.quotemeta($val).'/i';
      }
        echo "$search $replace $text";

   return preg_replace($search,$replace,$text);
}

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advanced!

Chris