A problem of inexperience...

I am trying to store an array in mysql. I obtain the array like so--

$partcount = count($Area);
             reset($Area);
             for ($i = 0; $i < $partcount; $i++){
               $key = key($Area);
               $val = $Area[$key];
$string1 .= $val . "\') or (Area=\'";
               next($Area);
             }

This results, with a bit of coaxing, in an array like this one --

| Area                                                |
| (Area='1') or (Area='2') or (Area='3') or (Area='') |

Everything is falling into place, *except*  these last thirteen
characters --

 or (Area='')

And that's what I'd like to eradicate.

Tips, suggestions, especially outright code greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Robert
p.s.-- I have ordered the Friedl book on Regular Expressions. Hoping it
will enlighten me for the future