There is a directive max_execution_time to be set in php.ini. afaik, it limits
the duration of php-scripts. Maybe you have to increase.
(The sense is something like to prevent "faulty" scripts from overloading the
server)
The Value is in seconds; default 30 (?).

hth

--
Arnold Schommer

FS EDV Service & Beratung GmbH