> Sorting like that doesn't get it sorted by date.  Each row has a lot
of
> fields.  It
> actually needs to be sorted three times by three fields, Year, Month,
and
> Day.
>
> Because the query uses a GROUP BY statement, I can't sort it in the
query.

Why? I still don't see why you can't use an ORDER BY clause.

ORDER BY date_column DESC

Which will order by year, month, then day. The order by is applied after
the GROUP BY, which will accomplish the same thing that you're trying to
do in PHP, only much faster.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/

> André cupini wrote:
>
> > Bill
> > Try this:
> >
> > while ($crow=mysql_fetch_array($cresult)) {
> >   $therow[]=$crow;
> > }
> > sort($therow);
> >
> > André Cupini