Turns out the adodb guy DOES have a *.tgz file to download. I got it, (it's missnamed in the extension), and was able to extract it fine.

Thanks for your help!

Ernest E Vogelsinger wrote:
At 00:18 18.03.2003, Dennis Gearon said:

Simple question, only related to this forum in that all of us use libraries that are compressed.

I'm trying to use adodb, and I uploaded it's zipped archive to a linux box and gunzip won't unzip it. Says 'multiple entries'. Anyone know how to upload it, short of unzipping in on a windbloze box, then ftping all files up?

on your linux box, cd to the directory containing the archive, then enter
    tar -xzf {archivename}

In most cases (also for adodb) this will create a directory tree containing
the extracted distribution files in the correct layout. The directory name
is usually similar to the archive name (depends on the archive contents of
course, but in case of adodb it's "adodb" and a version number (I believe).