Le Mardi  6 Mars 2001 11:35, vous avez écrit :

> I'm not sure of anything, but what I would have done to debug it, is to
> use gdb either on the Apache process or on a stand-alone PHP. I prefer
> debugging with a stand-alon binary myself. Then run PHP with your script
> and see what happens. If you get a seg-fault or other crash, you can try
> to use gdb as I explained with ldapsearch to see where PHP crashes.
> Compiling PHP stand-alone is easy, do configure with just --with-ldap.
> You don't have to install it either, just run the resulting php binary.
> If it says something abous sasl where it crashes, I would try to compile
> OpenLDAP without SASL and then link PHP with the resulting libraries.
>
> If you try gdb on the PHP binary and get some message not related to sasl,
> or have problems using gdb, let me know.

hum you are right
I've compiled PHP stand-alone
and running the script
and I get
0x4003ba7b in ldap_int_sasl_external () from /usr/lib/libldap.so.2
(gdb) next
Single stepping until exit from function ldap_int_sasl_external,
which has no line number information.

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

in fact it's ldaplib.so.2 that crash !!
what a mess ...
in fact it's the sasl function that crash

i'll try to compil ldap without it !
it mays take a while ...

thak for all
regards

                            Matthieu LE CORRE
                       SERVICE INFORMATIQUE
     Ecole Polytechnique de l'Université de Nantes
                        (EPUN)
                            Site de la Chantrerie
                             Rue Christian Pauc
                                    BP 50609