On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:19:28 -0500, Tim Thorburn wrote about "[PHP] mass
mail and selected mailings" what the universal translator turned into
this:

>I've just been asked by a client to create a mass mail program in PHP which
>the client can use to send a single message to everyone in it's email
>database, but also have the option to select which email address the
>message will go to.
>
>I've done a simple script like this before which basically loops through
>the database, selects all the email addresses, and then sends out one big
>message.  The problem with that one, was that the To: field listed all the
>email addresses that were sent.  For obvious reasons, they do not want all
>email addresses included within the To:, CC:, or Bcc: fields.
>
>Using PHP's mail() function, is it possible to conceal the email addresses
>being sent?  If there are not, are there any PHP/MySQL based applications
>that will do this?  Keeping in mind that I am using a shared hosting
>provider and do not have direct access to the server itself.

Why not just do it in a loop, and plump of one mail in each loop ???
The bulk mailer I've got works this way ... stick it one message, tell it
which list of addresses to use, and of it goes .. spittin' out thousands
of mails in a few seconds ...

This one's a W32 GUI program ...

Rene

--
Rene Brehmer

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

Come see! My brand new site is now online!
http://www.metalbunny.net