That is what I thought, but it isnt.. after doing some testing it seems to only do it
the first time the page is loaded in the session, if i hit refresh then the problem
doesnt occur.
is it possible that it has anything to  do with the session_start and session_name
that is used at the top of the page before the ob_start is called?