----- Original Message -----
From: "Liam Gibbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "php list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 2:10 PM
Subject: [PHP] Default setting garbage

Why is it that when I send call this function:
function GetNextDate($whichfriday, $month = "", $frequency = 1, $basedate =
"")

with this line:
GetNextDate("4", "2003-03", "5");

that $frequency ends up ""? Whether I set it myself when I call the
function, or I leave it blank and let the function set it itself, it ends up
with nothing in it. empty() returns 1, while isset() returns nothing on
this.

Good question.  Are you certain your not misspelling "frequency" when you
check it or try to look at it?  Sorry if that sounds insulting.. just trying
to search for the simplest explaination.  : <
- Kevin