Hi,
  As you might gather from the subject, i'm trying to
make a decision.  Before that i'm doing research
to find out what best fits.  My question is;

>From what i've read php4 does post-compilation caching,
is this right?  If so, what is the point of Zend Cache or
APC (Alternative PHP Cache)?  I know from experience that
mod_perl does copy and run from a compiled version of the
script into memory.  From the description of Zend Cache and
APC they sound like the equivalent for php4.  I guess what i'm
getting at is is php4 as fast as mod_perl or do i need something
like zend cache?  also, is there anywhere with stated benchmarks
that i can see to compare?

Thanks,
joe