What I mean is, if a user is connected to a php page that uses sessions and
that is involved in a time consuming operation (say 20 seconds or more)
before returning an answer, and the user also opens a second window in the
same browser to connect to another page in the same site that uses sessions
the second window  will hang till the first operation is complete.

While testing, I was able to show that if I don't use sessions this doesn't
happen.

I need to use sessions and would like to allow users to have multiple
windows connected to my site (it is an intranet application).

Apache 1.3.12 with PHP 4.0RC2  (it's just a test site at the moment)
---
 Bill Rausch, Software Development, Unix, Mac, Windows
 Numerical Applications, Inc.  509-943-0861   [EMAIL PROTECTED]