I seem to be having a lot of trouble uploading a file using the post
method.

I've read through a good amount of code and tutorials and can't seem to
find anything wrong with my code. We're running this in the latest PHP 3
version on two different servers (one NT and the other OpenBSD). Now, it
works if we are using the page from the actual NT server, but not from
any other computers on he LAN. We haven't been able to get it to work at
all on the OpenBSD server, though we can't test it drectly from that
computer.

ok, here is the code I'm using for the form to upload the file:

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="index.php3" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="1000000">
<input type="hidden" name="SCREEN" value="uploadimage">
<input type="hidden" name="faction" value="createimages">

<?php

print("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"item\" value=\"" . $item .
"\">\n");
print("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"department\" value=\"" .
$department . "\">\n");

?>

Send this file: <INPUT NAME="userfile" TYPE="file">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send File">
</FORM>

and I open the file, but get an error because there is nothing in the
file -- code below:

$file1 = @fopen($userfile,"r");
if (!$file1) {
   print("I'm sorry, but we cannot open the file that you have
uploaded.");
}

We also checked the permissions multiple times and the server's error
log, but nothing... so, if anyone sees anythign wrong, please let me
know. . thanks

-Daniel Lynn