My advice is to first get REALLY comfortable with sessions in a non-framed
environment... get a grip on logging in, logging out, showing different code
for logged in members, restricting a user from doing something more than
once, etc etc.

THEN try to get it happening in a framed environment.

As discussed by John, you will have to force a refresh for any frame to be
"aware" of a recently logged in user, and you will have to do a lot of
checking when receiving a form or request in each of these frames, to ensure
there is a user logged in, etc.

As per ANY session stuff between pages, you need to propogate the session id
either through the URL to each frame (or hope that trans-sid takes care of
it), or rely on the user having cookies enabled.

To point out the really obvious, <? session_start(); ?> needs to be called
on the top of the script for EACH FRAME.

Justin