My two cents,

I`ve  been on the list a month now and I think it`s really cool that
this type of thing exists.

I`m new to PHP, read all the posts that come through, and 98% of the
time don`t have a clue what is being spoken about, so the flaming and
other comments provide a welcome relief from my daily stress of working
this PHP thing out.

I learned the ins and outs of the list by reading all the posts, so I
guess this has helped me do my homework before simply requesting someone
give me an answer to a problem I could have solved simply by RTFM.

Anyone who can`t handle sarcasm.....well.....that`s another thing....

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 07:20, Jason Wong wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2003 11:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > We subscribe to a few email lists on various languages.
> >
> > This list would have to be the worst for anyone learning
> > - the amount of sarcasm and flaming that goes on is huge.
>
> Try subscribing to the qmail list for a day or two.
>
> > Just try and remember - everyone has to learn,
>
> Exactly ...
>
> > if you feel a question is off topic
>
> ... that is why people need to learn that this list is for the discussion of
> PHP and not HTML/Javascript/Whathaveyou.
>
> > or stupid
>
> Off-topic is pretty easy to define. 'Stupid' posts are more subjective, but
>
> - ignore it,
>
> ... the OP usually feels the urge to repost and repost. In any case this list
> is tolerant enough that people usually get the answer that they're looking
> for.
>
> > theres no need to make the poster feel like an idiot.
>
> If you feel like an idiot when someone points out something wrong with your
> post then you have pretty low self-esteem.
>
> > We all know your smarter than the rest of us ;-)
>
> I hope you don't think I'm making you stupid, but I think you mean "you're".
>
> --
> Jason Wong -> Gremlins Associates -> www.gremlins.biz
> Open Source Software Systems Integrators
> * Web Design & Hosting * Internet & Intranet Applications Development *

Chris Blake
Office : (011) 782-0840
Cell : 083 985 0379
Linux vs. Windows is a no-WIN situation.

 eggs.