Hi Philip,

Thanks for taking the time...

$me = "confused";

...but rather than attempting to get a grip on the past, I need a solution
for the future :)

So,

1. turn ON runtime and gpc

2. only addslashes() when inserting into the database IF
get_magic_quotes_runtime() is 0 (false)

3. only stripslashes() when retrieving from the database IF
get_magic_quotes_runtime() is 0 (false)

Right so far?

Then I need to know how to fix up possible mistakes in the past.
What should I do to the current data in multiple tables which may or may not
have had the addslashes() "done twice".  Any one got some cool code???

Justin