I have news webpage of sorts that pulls entries out of a mysql database.

There is a form to submit news and it is automatically added to the new
page upon submition.

What I am wandering is when a individual submits news, the end result on
my news page does not hold the same format it was put in.  For
example.

IN the "add news form" they enter the info in like this:
This is a test.

How are you today.
        Laddi da, Laddi da

The output on the news page comes as:
This is a test. How are you today.Laddi da, Laddi da

Is there a way between php and mysql to ensure that format of the date is
same going in and out?

Thank you in advance:)
Sono