use mysql_insert_id(), it keeps its value per connection so you don't need to worry about anything

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ok, here's what I have. I want to insert some values into a table with an auto_increment field, but I want to get the Serial of the record I just inserted so I can name an image $Serial.jpg. I could just select the serial of the last record entered but what happens (and I know it's unlikely but could happen) if someone else inserted another record a half a second after this one? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Brian