on 30/05/03 6:36 PM, Jeffrey L. Fitzgerald ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Thanks to Kevin, Monty and the others who helped with my earlier post...
>
> Anyone have experience with PHP based "Email This Story" and "Print This
> Story" functions?? I am looking to add these along with a digital postcard
> mailer.

"Email this story" is a way of someone emailing the contents of a page, OR
the URL of the page (more common) to a friend....  so all you need to do is
know what page they're trying to email, collect the sender and recipient
email address', and send a URL & short message with mail().  Look in the
$_SERVER array for some values which will tell you the current URL & query
string.

"Print this page" can be as simple as an alternate style sheet, or a
simplified way of presenting data on a page, which is printer-friendly.

If you're pulling your main content out of databases or flat files, then it
should be relatively easy to set a value in the URL ($_GET array) which
toggles between a complex (regular) page layout, and a simple (print)
layout.

Think it through.

Justin