So, how about this?

$resultb = mysql_query("SELECT id,title,mid,lastedit,hit,reply,`lock` FROM
bt_message where ch='$ch' ORDER BY top,lastedit DESC LIMIT $limit,30",$db);
while ($result = mysql_fetch_array($resultb)) {
$result2b = mysql_query("SELECT nick FROM bt_member where id
='$result[mid]'",$db);
$result2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2b);
mysql_free_result($result2b);

"James Lobley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
???????:[EMAIL PROTECTED]