> When i get these values I want to enter them into the database but
> 1)I should enter only the first 5 (and ignore the rest) into the database
> 2)it has to enter 1 record for every every "id" picked
> eg:
> if id[1], id[2],id[3] and id[4] were picked it should enter this as 4
> differient records
>

> How do i do this? I have tried using a for loop but somewhere the logic is
> very very bad :-) and so i deleted the whole damn thing.

<?php
$count = 0;
if (is_array($id)){
        while( (list(,$val) = each($id)) && $count < 5){
                $count++;
                $query = "INSERT INTO table () VALUES ('$val')";
                mysql_query($query);
?>

Obviously the query is not all there and needs fleshing out, I don't know
what all you are inserting.  I didn't really test, so it might have a bug or
something.