Hello,
On 06/11/2003 06:08 AM, Zeev Suraski wrote:
At 16:27 09/05/2003, Manuel Lemos wrote:

Have you been on vacation or just working really hard to beat Turck? :-)

I've been using the Turck MM Cache for 3 months now and the performance is amazing :)

Yes, their benchmarks show that it pratically matches Zend products performance, thus beating all the others.

Except they only compare it to the entry-level product from Zend (ZPS Accelerator Edition). The Zend Performance Suite Enterprise Edition outperforms any alternative by a wide margin, typically by a factor of 10 to 100 times better performance.

I guess they can't compare with what they can't afford to buy.

Anyway, it does not seem to make much sense to compare code acceleration based on plain caching/optimization like Turck and Zend Cache do, with acceleration plus content caching and compressing like ZPS do, because in that case you probably want to consider a solution of:

Turck for code acceleration
http://www.turcksoft.com/en/e_mmc.htm

mod_gzip for content compressions
http://i4net.tv/marticle/mod_gzip/

And one of many dynamic content caching solutions like this one:
http://www.phpclasses.org/filecacheclass

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/