But is this the type of stuff that gets penalized in Search Engines or no?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ernest E Vogelsinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 1:47 PM
To: Zak Johnson
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Redirects in PHP

At 19:00 13.06.2003, Zak Johnson said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>This will not solve the OP's problem; the header will still be output
>first, and the client will be immediately redirected.  I am curious
>though; why is everyone suggesting to use JavaScript when the following
>in the <head> section of the HTML document will work just as well?

>    content="3;URL=http://example.com/new-page.html"; />
>
>Am I missing something?
--------------------[snip]--------------------

This will (or should...) always work regardless of JS settings. Being a
HTTP equivalent this also means you can transmit it as MIME header as well:

header('Refresh: 5;URL="http://www.microsoft.com";');
echo 'Transferring you to Microsoft in 5 seconds...';
exit;

HTH,

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger