On 2003-06-13 14:15-0400, Pushpinder Singh Garcha wrote:
>      I am trying to execute a simple query using $_POST variables, so
> that variable poisoning is not possible. note: I have register_globals
> ON on my site. I am getting the error shown below . Please advise ...
> as I can't seem to figure out why !

$_POST variables are still subject to poisoning; in your case, SQL
injection.  The error you're getting, however, is because you have not
enclosed your quoted variable references with braces.  For example:

  <?php
    echo "{$_POST['foo']}";
  ?>

You should be passing each of those variables through
mysql_escape_string() before using them in a query.

-Zak