Change error reporting in the php.ini to NOT include notices.

Echo out the variable....

echo ( $_POST['fname'] );

All the notice is telling you is that $HTTP_POST_VARS['fname'] doesn't exist, which it isn't if you haven't posted it to this page.

Daniel J. Rychlik wrote:
I read the document 4 times.  I understand how it works and now Im excited
about applying this to my application, however Im running into a problem.
Im recieving an error on my page.

I have this in my form.
<input name ="fname" type="text" value=" <?php $HTTP_POST_VARS['fname']; ?>"
/>

and when running, I recieve
Notice: Undefined index: fname

I also used the example from here
http://www.zend.com/zend/spotlight/form-pro-php4.php and I recieved the same
message.

Any Ideas, to help me break through these barriers?

Thanks so much
Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>