From: "Daniel J. Rychlik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 4:54 PM
Subject: [PHP] isset()

Having a bit of trouble with my forms returnin 1 in the form fields accept
the data that was entered.  I think its because of this line,

$output_fname = isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['fname']);

I have a command action handler also that works in the same script and it
seems to work well,  the only problem that Im having is passing back the
error to the related filed that requires proper data.  I started just
passing back a generic message so that I could get the routine down, once I
get that I will be able to do more.

Here is a snipit of my code.
<head>
<?php if ($has_errors) { ?>

                Please fix your errors

            <?php foreach($errors as $val) {

                    echo $val; } ?>
    <?php } else { ?>

                Please fill out form.
    <?php } ?>

        <form .....
            HTML STUFF.

        </form>

<?php

            if (count($errors)) $has_errors = true;  // If we find errors,
then flag
                if ($has_errors) $command ="data_check"  // Take us back to
the data_check                             hidden field and set $has_errors
true to display our errors at the top of our
form.

?>
<head>
This is really a 2 question issue, and I greatly appreicate you're time.
This is my 2nd week learning PHP...

Thanks in advance,
Dan