On Tuesday 17 June 2003 12:50, DvDmanDT wrote:
> I was replying to "If you don't do it this way, you'll
> find yourself re-writing a function sooner or later because you need it
> to return the data instead of displaying it."... Then you don't need to
> modify the function if you turn on ob, call function, then get contents,
> then clear ob... Ok, it's a rather bad way to do it, but it works for me...

Even the php crew had to rewrite functions because it displayed data instead
of returning. Case in point: print_r() recently had a extra argument added to
specify whether the output was printed or returned.

/*
I have learned silence from the talkative,
toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind.
                -- Kahlil Gibran
*/