Lars Torben Wilson wrote:

I have no idea where you folks have gotten the idea that asking how to
get Javascript to interact with PHP would be particularly off-topic
here. Were it the vile transgression this thread has made it out to be,
we probably wouldn't have included the answer in the FAQ.

That's not the problem, that is on topic. The problem is asking how to get the resolution from JS. Find that out first, then ask how to get that value into PHP here.

It wouldn't be all that off-topic on a Javascript list either, but
you'd still have a bunch of guys jumping up and yelling 'Ask on a PHP
list, you loser', without actually providing any useful information. At
worst, give a simple link or direction to a more appropriate resource.

If you did what I said above, what you posted on either list wouldn't be OT.

Courtesty does go a long way. You can as easily direct a guy to the
appropriate resource without strutting up and down like some
unsolicited mailing list Rent-A-Cop.

Then don't act like an unsolicited mailing list OTer.

This list is about helping people learn to use PHP. Please use it as
such.

That's exactly what I'm asking you to do.

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt
to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.