> setting up some pages to allow users to log in, and store their userID in
> session var.
> for development purposes, i've installed AMP on my windows box.
>
> -everything parses fine
> -register globals is on.
>
> problem: session vars do not seem to be carrying over pages, even when i
set
> the session_id to initial value.
>
> i start the session and save the variable:
>
> session_start();
>
> $PHPSESSID=session_id();
>
> $_SESSION['userID'] = $userID; //i've checked and $userID DOES contain a
> value: 1
> //If i echo $_SESSION['userID']; then it prints 1.
>

> header("Location: nextpage.php?PHPSESSID=$PHPSESSID");
>
> exit;
>

> on nextpage.php:
>
> session_start();
>
> session_id($PHPSESSID);

Please note the second sentence in this direct quote from the manual:

If id is specified, it will replace the current session id. session_id()
needs to be called before session_start() for that purpose. Depending on the
session handler, not all characters are allowed within the session id. For
example, the file session handler only allows characters in the range a-z,
A-Z and 0-9!

Thank you.

---John Holmes...