Hello,

I am building an database of wines.  I have fields of stuff like year,
grape, etc.  However, I want to be able to go in and change something
without having to retype every field.  As I have it right now, I use the
UPDATE where id=$id function.  However, this changes EVERY field. For
example, if I want to only change the grape field and leave everything else
the same (so I thus leave those fields blank) it overwrites the others with
a blank field.

Is there anyway to where if it reads a blank field instead of deleting the
old information, the update php file just leaves it the same?

thanks very much for any help,
Matt Hedges