On Jun 20, 2003, "Mark McCulligh" claimed that:

|I am building a two page search feature. The user fills out page one, that
|takes them to page two. Then from page two they get the results page from
|the search.  If the user hits the back button in their browser I want them
|to go back to page one, NOT page two.
|
|Is the some way I can make page two cache clear, so when the user hits the
|back up button the page has to be reload from the server at which point I
|can forward them back to page one.
|
|Thanks,
|Mark.

The problem isn't "how do I clear the cache for page 2," it's really "how
do I allow for people to press the back button on the results page and go
back to page 1."

So, why not create a link <a href='page1.php'>Change search criteria</a>?

Or, you can also insert a session variable on the results page. Page 2
will check for the existance of it. If it exists, clear it and bounce the
user to page 1.

Jeff
--
Registered Linux user #304026.