on 24/06/03 10:26 AM, my ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Do some processing...

easy :)

> Open an external page

I assume you mean "open a window with another URL in it"

> Write some stuff to the external page...

Wrong order...

1. do some processing (eg home.php)
2. open/create a file (eg debugger.php)
3. write to it during the processing of your page, save it
4. open the new window with the url of the debug file, most probably as a
onload javascript command.

> Any hints/comments/samples....

Any coding examples you need will be in the manual pages and user comments
relating to fopen, fwrite, etc... read them and if you're STILL stuck, post
what code you have, and we can help more.

FWIW, this seems like too much work to me... I just debug IN my code, and
set a global config of $debug to true for development, and false for live
server, and do things like this:

if($debug) {
    echo "<p class='error'>Justin, you're an idiot: ".mysql_error()."</p>";
}

Justin French
Indent.com.au
Graphic, Web & Information Design