Hi

I had this problem when i installed php on my linux box.  Because I hadn't
copied & renamed php.ini-dist to php.ini, PHP seems to use a default setup
and lists php.ini in the path where it expects to find it.

I resolved it by copying php.ini-dist from the php source dir to the new dir
and renaming it to php.ini - then modifying that.

HTH
Andrew McCombe