Hi,

I have an account on shared server and am trying to
write a logfile (a dump of an email which i use mail()
to send) to a logfile in my home dir.  This logfile
will grow with all emails send by my app and will thus
give me an archive of sorts.

However, because php is executed through apache as
user nobody it does not have permission to write to my
linux home dir (fopen("log.file","a")) fails with
permission denied). I dont want to open my home dir to
the world to allow this operation but I also dont want
to write my log to /var/tmp as user nobody.

Does anyone know how I can get php to write as me to
my home dir ?

I suppose i could write a shell script and have my app
call this but that seems a bit convoluted.

Thanks in advance,
-- frank

=====