Hi,

> basis is way beyond what any of us have time for and personally I find the
> value of such certification programs extremely questionable.

        Questionable?  Did you mean useless?  Honestly, I've got a friend with a
CCNA, he's sitting in an ISP's call center answering phones.  He doesn't
have a degree, and no one wants to talk to him.  I also have a relative who
recruits for Microsoft.  They told me that the MCSD is meaningless.

        On a more positive note, there are several sites that I've run accross that
offer PHP certifications.  I believe www.brainbench.com is still around.
They're the only one that I can think of off hand.

-Dan Joseph