use explode()

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew McCombe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] mysql split?

Hi

I have a field in mysql that has paths to files such as:

project/entertainment/andrew/job/1.jpg
project/corporate/roberts/job/1.jpg
project/corporate/andrew/job/1.jpg
project/identity/john/job/1.jpg

The first level is always 'projects'.  What I want to do is get the
unique
name for the 3rd level for all entertainment, corporate and identity, so
from the data above I would get returned:

andrew
john
roberts

What's the best way to acheive this? I remember seeing something where
you
can split a field in the mysql into parts (ie, split at /)?  or would a
regex be better ('WHERE REGEX
"^projects/corporate|entertainment|identity/'
(this doesnt work))?  Hope someone can help.

Regards
Andrew McCombe
Interactive Web Solutions (Stafford)
Tel: 01785 279921

----
+44 (0) 1785 279920  and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you
are
attachments may not necessarily reflect those of Interactive Web
Solutions'
management.
e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Interactive Web Solutions makes
no
representation or