On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:56:13 +0530, Bibhas Kumar Samanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create restricted pages for my php/mysql/apache
server with sessions and passing session varibales to other pages for validation.

Eventually I am doinng session_start() at the begining and
checking whether logged in user is authorised to use this page
by a routine.

Now problem is, if filled in data in the form is incorrect, the forms gives an error. But when I press browser BACK button to get the
filled in form , the form seems to get reset with _no_ data.

When I try without session_start() at the begining  of form , things
seem to behave normally.

Does session_start() reset the form  and I guess browser should
have returned be by fiiled in page from cache ?

Please help

-Bibhas

This doesn't happen with every browser. Opera never forgets the previous page's form contents.