The INI file should be:

[mysql_info]
host=spore.org
uid=myuserid
passwd=mypassword

Also, you'll probably want to do:

$INI = parse_ini_file("/home/revref/mysql.ini");

Doug Essinger-Hileman wrote:

I am just beginning to use php and mysql together (I'm new to both). I am having trouble getting this to work in what I think is a very
simple test.

I have created mysql.ini, and put it outside the docroot: /myhome/mysql.ini. This file, in its entirety, is:

[mysql_info}
host=spore.org
uid=myuserid
passwd=mypassword

Then I created a webpage with nothing more than the following:

<?php parse_ini_file("/home/revref/mysql.ini");
echo $INI;
?>

When I point my browser to that page, I am getting the following error message:

Warning: Error parsing /home/revref/mysql.ini on line 4 in Unknown on
line 0

Help is greatly needed.

Doug

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt
to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.