Hi,

    In case someone is interested I found the workaround.
    1. IE6 does not take into consideration MAX_FILE_SIZE,
so one can not rely on it on client side.
    2. If the uploaded file exceeds the post_max_size, the PHP
engine (4.3.1 in my case) does not give you any error in the PHP
script which handles the upload, nor does it take into consideration
MAX_FILE_SIZE. It simply logs the error as shown and does
not even parse the post data anymore.
    So, the workaround is to make the post_max_size large enough
so that it fits, like 100MB and the PHP will take into consideration
the MAX_FILE_SIZE, discard the upload and give you the
$_FILES['userfile']['error'] = UPLOAD_ERR_FORM_SIZE
    I for one consider this a flaw in the engine.
    Anyway, hope this helps,

Catalin

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]