[snip]
> Your intention is a little foggy.
> PHP is server side, it works through the web server, thus Apache
> parses the
> scripts, so no, it can't.
>
> If you mean scripts on one box, database on another, no problem.
>
> Miles Thompson
>
> At 09:20 AM 7/1/2003 -0500, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> >I don't know the details of this request (like why., but as soon as I
> >know I'll tell you) but can Apache live on one box with all PHP
requests
> >being handled on another box?

        Well, technically, you could do it.  You could network the two
together,
and then map a network path to the files on the other server.  I don't
know
what advantages this would really give someone, though...
[/snip]

I told him that support for PHP was compiled into Apache and that it
would be impractical. I asked if he wanted the DB on another box. I
asked if he wated the scripts on another box. I am quite sure that there
is no particular logic behind the request as I have not received any
answers. If he tells me more I'll let you know.

Jay