Quoting Dan Pupek (Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 02:49:40PM -0600)
> I am pretty new to PHP but have used other scripting languages. I am trying
> to use to mkdir() function on an apache server and keep getting this  error
> MkDir failed (Permission denied). I don't have physical access to the
> server.
>
> What's up?

Depends what directory you are trying to create, and if the permissions of
the parent directory allows you to do, based on the user apache is running
as.  Usually, most people dont run apache as root, normally the "nobody"
user.   "nobody" tends not to be able to mkdir's unless someone has
chown'd/chmod'd a parent directory accordingly.

Colin.

--

Colin May                  | "its an illusion, its a game, a reflection of
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | someone elses name" - abacab, genesis