Humm from what i remember ( i saw a snap that did not work with dom
about last week).

In the help there was a not about dom5 i compiled with dom5 and it
worked for me.

But now in the latest snap dom5 option is gone. But compiling php with
dom support works well.

So try to compile --with-dom5 (if the option is there)