PHP 4.3.2 has GD bundled with it, if you compile it from source do --with-gd to use the bundled library. It sounds like you need to install GD2, you can find it on freshmeat.net or probably find an RPM for your distro somewhere.

If you have libjpeg and libpng I've had no problems using the bundled GD library with PHP, if you take the PHP compile line from phpinfo() it should be pretty easy to recompile your PHP and at the same time upgrade to 4.3.2 :).

Take a look at http://www.php.net/manual for install instructions if you need more information.

Jason

David Miller wrote:

Hello

I hope someone can help me.

I use my local machine to develop and then upload to whatever site.

I have one site that does some image resizing, uses a call to imagecreatetruecolor.
Works fine on the host and used to work fine on my local machine. But now that I come back to make some changes it no longer works on local machine.

I get this warning: Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): requires GD 2.0 or later.

I was using RedHat 8.0 and a short time back I ran up2date that upgraded the php but not the gd. I think this is where the problem came in.

I tried to upgrade gd but there were dependicies that seem like it would reguire updating half the system. If I remember gd 2.0 wanted db4.1 and db4.0 is used by many, many things.

I thought it would be easier to simply upgrade from RedHat 8 to RedHat 9 which is what I did. It took me all day to get everything straighened out and running again but I still have the same problem getting the same warning.

If I run a script that contains the following:
<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>
I am told that I am now running PHP Version 4.2.2 and if I go down to the gd section the second line says GD Version 1.6.2 or higher.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the php but this didn't help.

Thanks

David Miller