Sharat Hegde wrote:

Hello,

I need to be able to communicate from a Java Applet to a PHP program on the
server to enable "Live Connect" for data. This is what I intend to do:

In my web application, a Java Script program will call a Java Applet which
then calls the PHP program on the server. The PHP program works like a
"servlet" and passes the result back to the Java applet which passes the
information back to the JavaScript program.

How can a Java applet work with a PHP program? Are there any special
precautions / programming issues involved?

Thanks in advance

With Regards,
Sharat

Not anything that you wouldn't have to pay attention to in passing stuff between applications in other instances.

I'd use XML/SOAP to pass around the data. There are many reasons to do this, I wont list them here just because there are plenty of articles on the web advocating the use of XML. The added bonus is the buzzword factor.