I'm attempting to create a generic XML writer with the DOMXML functions
which takes as its input the array structure generated by gdemartiti on this
function page:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.xml-parse-into-struct.php

Actually, it's the updated version done by [EMAIL PROTECTED], here:
http://www.devdump.com/phpxml.php

Anyway, the trouble I'm having is when I get to a child element and need to
use 'append_child' -- append_child requires that you specify the ancestor
element you're appending to, but I can't seem to reference that object when
I loop back into the function.  This is probably a class/object issue since
I'm pretty useless with classes.

If I come into the function, having passed the ancestor name as a string and
having already added the ancestor as an object in the class, this doesn't
work:

$child = $ancestor->append_child($thisChild);

The error is: "...Call to a member function on a non-object...".  How can I
reference that ancestor object when I come back into the function?

(PHP version is 4.3.2, Apache 2.0.44 on Win2k)

Thanks,
--
Matt Grimm
Web Developer