It did help and I altered the script a bit.  It now reads as:

$count = 0;
//get file size function
function fsize($file) {
 $a = array("B", "KB", "MB");
 $pos = 0;
 $size = filesize($file);
 while ($size >= 1024) {
  $size /= 1024;
  $pos++;
    }
return round($size,2)." ".$a[$pos];
}
//loop through all the chosen file names and input them individually
foreach ($filename as $filevalue){

 $file_size = !fsize($filevalue);

 //get specific file name
 $parts=explode("\\",$filevalue);
 $file_name=$parts[sizeof($parts)];

 //get file type extension
 $file_type = strrchr($filevalue,'.');

 mssql_query ("INSERT INTO images (img_location, img_name, img_type,
img_size, category_id)".
   "VALUES ('{$filevalue}', '{$file_name}', '{$file_type}', '{$file_size}',
'{$catID}')");

 $count++;
//end of loop
}

Now I am receiving the error message of:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webpage10\example\u_images\act_load_imgs.php on line 43

Anyone have an idea of what may be causing this?

thanks

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]