Hello,

I have many of my clients set up in 'safe_mode' mainly for security reasons.
Well, as many of you know, that limits the way PHP functions. Especially on
complex apps.

Here is what I include in their httpd configs now...

        php_admin_flag safe_mode on
        php_admin_flag register_globals off
        php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen off
        php_admin_value doc_root /sites/site.com/www
        php_admin_value open_basedir /sites/site.com
        php_admin_value session.save_path /sites/site.com/sessiondata
        php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /sites/site.com/uploadtemp
        php_value upload_max_filesize 1024000

Can anyone else give me some other options that will make things secure, but
have safe_mode turned off?

I mainly don't want them able to execute shell commands, view info not in
their directory, etc.. Etc..

ANY help or insight would greatly be appreciated.

TIA

Mike Yrabedra (President)
323 Incorporated
Home of MacDock, MacAgent and MacSurfshop
W: http://www.323inc.com/
P: 770.382.1195
F: 734.448.5164
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I: ichatmacdock
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for men."
~Colossians 3:23 <{{{><