In validate.php:
if(error) {
        if(magic_quotes) stripslashes();
        urlencode();
} else {
        INSERT INTO ...
}

In form.php:
// urldecode() is not needed, GET variables are already decoded
if(magic_quotes) stripslashes();
<textarea><?= htmlspecialchars()?></textarea>

Arcadius A. wrote:

Hello!
I have a form with a textarea...
When the user submits the form, I validate the form on another page.. and in
case the data are not valid,
 I redirect the user back to the form, passing all the info filled in
previously in the URL, then I easily display the values  in the form
again.... For textarea, I use :
urlencode($textarea_value)  to pass the text in the URL for the validating
page.

And in the textarea, to get back the info, I do:
 <textarea><?=urldecode($_GET['textarea_value'])?></textarea>

This works fine as far as there is no quote in the text....

In case there are quotes in the text, quotes are escaped :-(.... so I get in
the textarea slashes just before the quotes.... and stripslashes doesn't
seem to help...

So, My question is: What's the best way to get the value of a textarea back
after validation without using session?

Thanks.

Arcadius Ahouansou.